The Last Goodbye

I am penning this down because I want to remember this moment, this feeling, these thoughts forever. In memory of Lee Kuan Yew Pass...

I am penning this down because I want to remember this moment, this feeling, these thoughts forever.

In memory of Lee Kuan Yew
Passing on 23 March 2015

The past week has been one of the darkest weeks for the whole nation. For seven days, we cried, we queued, we helped, we shared, we gave, we loved, we united. Above all that, we learnt. Apart from mourning at the lost of a great man, our great father, all the articles and videos that I watched really taught me a lot. It made me understand so much more than I ever did sitting in my social studies classes. The reason for every decision that Mr Lee Kuan Yew made for Singapore, his believes, his attitude. He did sacrifice his whole life for the better of us - how many people can really do that? Indeed he lived and breathed Singapore, doing everything that would make us stronger. As much as all of us did not want him to leave us, its the fact of life. I just hope that my generation and generations to come will deeply remember this man, and more importantly have the strength and resilience to continue on building this nation.

As I woke up this morning, the sun was up and bright - reminding me that the world has moved on now. May we continue on with his lessons, building on his legacy. You inspire us in every aspect of life. I will never be able to thank you enough, but I will work and fight together with this nation.

"This is my country. This is my life. This is my people... We dug our toes in, we built a nation."

I'm glad I was able to bid you a final farewell. 
"If you seek his monument, look around you." 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images