Bangkok again

So when you're going Bangkok for the 4th time or more and are tired of doing the same old stuff (basically just shopping and eating at...

So when you're going Bangkok for the 4th time or more and are tired of doing the same old stuff (basically just shopping and eating at the same few places), I have a few suggestions right here! These are based off my most recent trip to Bangkok in January 2015 and August 2014 with a dude called Jason (he's my boyfriend not some random dude if you're wondering). As it has been 4 months, I will not be able to write out exact details of our trip but will be listing a few places worthy to go:-)

Before that, food first - food always comes first.

Ban Kun Mae
Ban Khun Mae - the place I will always, and I mean always go back to eat every time I'm in Bangkok. It is located at Siam Square Soi 8 so you can go have it for lunch/dinner after shopping then head for more dessert after since there are so many yummy dessert places around there like Mango Tango, After You etc. The prices of the food are not dirt cheap, more of Singapore price but for me, the food is SO good I am willing to pay for it. The usuals that I always order: 
My extremely satisfied with food face.


Rod Fai Vintage Market
So the first different place that I went was the Rod Fai market. Well, I know quite a number of people already know and have been to this place, but I really like it and feel that its really worth a visit so yes. Rod Fai market used to be located near Chatuchak Weekend Market previously if I'm not wrong, but has since shifted to another place! Some info I got off the net (yes I know you can easily google it but still going to put it here anyway):
- Opening Hours: 17:00 - midnight (Thurs-Sun)
- Location: Srinakarin Road Soi 51 (behind Seacon Square)
-BTS: On Nut (closest station but still requires a taxi journey)

Well, I would recommend taking a taxi straight there because its just a lot easier. The place was really nice and spacious, just so good to be there and away from the squeezed lanes and roads of typical Bangkok. There were quite a number of people but it didn't feel bad at all because of how large the whole area was. There are a lot of vintage stores that sell cute stuff (I bought a really nice clock there!), food and even a night market too! Everything was just great - everything but the toilets. I am super anal when it comes to washing hands with soap after you visit the toilet so that fact that there wasn't any soap............. So, bring your own soap, or hand sanitiser please.

A quaint old school 'cafe' we sat at to munch
They still used to old 'lever' method to store cash!
Just super pretty.
All the vintage furniture in here
More shops that had so much vintage elements
Wanted that Coca Cola clock so badly but $$$.......
How about a random bus as a deco. 
We sat down at a nice place with live music for drinks and more snacks


Hua Hin
We took a day trip to Hua Hin because we wanted to go to the beach~, which was a 2 hour drive away from Bangkok. It was really easy to get there, we took the BTS to Victory Monument Station and a road across you will see this place with a lot of mini van where you can buy tickets to Hua Hin - just ask around and they will direct you to the right person because different people sell tickets to different places. When we reached Hua Hin, we had no idea where we were - because they just stopped us outside a random shop(?!) where they had another booth selling tickets out of Hua Hin. Luckily for us, there was a hotel there so we headed in the ask for directions to the beach. It was about a 20 mins walk! Oh, remember to take note of the last mini van back to Bangkok so you don't miss it. There were several other 'booths' along the road to the beach which you could buy tickets from and take their mini van, but we decided to go back to the same one as we felt the mini van and the driver that we took was really good:-) Had lunch at a 'restaurant' sort of - where it reminded me of Phuket if any of you guys have been there. 

The beach was beautiful but not extraordinary. It was also the only place we did not see any Singaporeans haha unlike in Bangkok city where there are Singaporeans everywhere. We brought our swimsuits to chill and tan, but forget a mat so we bought one from there! They do have small shops selling all the beach necessities so not to worry if you decide to go last minute. 
You could ride the horses!
Headed to chill at the resort for a drink
Our view
Once again, slightly cheaper than SG price but not dirt cheap of course
Toilet selfie - see below to understand why I took this.

Everything was great - everything but the toilet once again. HAHAHA I swear I am not a clean freak (and I have been to worse toilets in villages but that is different). It was just almost impossible to wash up in that public toilet when there was no proper washing/shower area - it was just scooping from buckets of water which you still have to pay for, and cubicles for you to change had no place to hang any clothes.....so you will most probably end up dropping them on the extremely muddy floor -.- Luckily for us we went to chill and have drinks at the restaurant bar which belonged to Centara Grand Beach Resorts & Villas which was right at the beach front, and used their guest toilets that were sparkling clean and even had soap/towels for you:-) I really wished we had planned to stay for at least a night at the resort, so if you guys could I'm sure it will be nice! 

Lebua Sky Bar
If you are willing to splurge, go to the sky bar, really - the view is stunning. The Lebua State Tower was where the Hangover 2 was filmed! And because of that, there was a 'Hangover' martini which of course we had to try. There is also a restaurant there if you are really balling - but honestly the price for that kind of food is considered reasonable if you compare it to in Singapore. Photos are bad because they were taken with my iPhone 5s, but bare with me!


Everything was great with this one, really (maybe except my photos haha). Well, I've yet to explore the cafe scene in Bangkok - because I love Thai food SO MUCH all I want to eat is Thai food lol, but I guess I will check it out next time (which will not be anytime soon).

That's all I have. Will be going to Hong Kong in May so, yes excited :-) Thanks for reading!

Love,
Ven


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images